Relentless, repetitive self talk is what changes our self-image.”
Few things about us are more closely linked to our thinking than our self-image. Someone’s belief about who he or she is can make the anorexic feel fat, the average athlete a star, and the beautiful girl see herself as an ugly duckling. When it comes to this topic thinking, not reality, rules.
The famous scientist Dr. Maxwell Maltz, the creator of Psycho-Cybernetics stated it plainly, “The self-image is the key to human personality and human behavior. Change the self image and you change the personality and the behavior.”
Today I am featuring affirmations focused on giving your self-esteem, self-image, and body image a boost. These affirmations are written for people at various stages of self-acceptance. Not all of them will apply to you. Pick the ones that resonate with you.
- I am an immaculate being of light; perfect in form and function.
- When I look into the mirror I see my perfections not my imperfections!
- My beauty flows from inside to out. As I recognize my inner beauty, my outer beauty blossoms.
- I am making peace with my body. I accept its flaws, celebrate its beauty, and work to improve what I want to change.
- Those who told me I was unworthy were wrong. I AM worthy!
- I am a being of immense power and majesty.
- Today I see myself through a luminous prism of love and understanding.
- As I feel more attractive, I AM more attractive. Today I am very attractive!
- The more I love and appreciate myself, the more beautiful I become.
- I work hard to keep my body in shape and I know (men/women) find me attractive.
- The world be damned! I love every last pound, every last blemish, every last wrinkle. I love all of me!
- Happiness is an attitude NOT a number on a scale. Today I am happy with who I am.
- Being who I am is a blessing and a rush. There’s no one else I’d rather be!
- I accept myself exactly as I am. I am at absolute peace with myself.
- To see the beauty I want to see in the world, I must first see it in me. Today I see it clearly!
- Today I release my judgments about my body and love it exactly as it is!
- I am beautiful in mind. I am beautiful in body. I am beautiful in spirit.
- Today I make peace with my body and learn to be at home in it!
- I unconditionally love and respect myself in every way.
- I am the best thing that has ever happened to me. I am glad to be who I am!
- Today I make a bold statement. The world deserves the real me and today it gets me.
- I am a unique and worthy person. I require no more justification than that to be exactly who I am.
- I am a one-in-a-trillion miracle and amazing in every way!
- I love and accept my body just as it is!
- My completeness lives in the part of me that is beyond my form.
- I have a form, but I AM FAR MORE than my form!
- Today I shine with the full glory and brilliance of a summer Sun!
- What matters is who I AM not who I’ve been! Today I release everything I hold against myself!
Follow your bliss. Experience your bliss. Become your bliss.
Ray Davis is the Founder of The Affirmation Spot and co-founder of 6 Sense Media. He’s been writing, recording, and using affirmations for 30 years. He's also the author of Anunnaki Awakening. He advocates for the potential of the human race. He's life-long history buff and holds a B.S. in History Education.