Freedom begins the moment you realize someone else has been writing your story and it's time you took the pen from his hand and started writing it yourself.
Empowerment. It's a big word and it's used often in our modern society. But what does it really mean? If you look at the dictionary definitions, they say it's about permitting or enabling action.
I like to take words and break them down for their meaning. If you look at the word you see em-power-ment.
The prefix em means "to place into". We all know what power means. The suffix ment means action.
So, we are left with a definition for empowerment that reads, "the act of putting power within."
When you empower yourself you are literally placing the power within you to think, act, and decide for yourself. Empowerment is one of those things that starts in your body and sweeps its way up to your mind and your lips.
Here are some affirmations and thoughts to empower your day.
- I empower myself to think for myself!
- I am an empowered thinker! As I empower my thinking, I empower the thinking of those around me!
- I am an empowered human being who thinks for myself and lets wisdom rather than fear rule!
- Empowerment - self or global - is not a spectator sport.
- I am a magnificent being of power and light!
- Love is the light, freedom the path, empowerment the goal.
- Empowerment and positive thinking are definitely not about "drinking the kool-aid" they are about making your own lemonade.
- Today my mind transcends either/or thinking and explores new possibilities!
- I embrace the power and beauty within me and water it every day!
- Today I empower myself to think outside boxes and push my paradigms!
- Thinking for myself is my gateway to freedom. Today I think more freely than ever!
- Today I unleash the power of empowered thinking in my life!
- Empowered thinkers know they are capable of acting on their success, happiness, and betterment; and helping others do the same.
- Empowered thinkers know that humanity's best days are coming, but some changes must come first.
- Empowered thinkers aren't those who believe world is all rosy, they are those who believe we are capable of making it so.
- Today and every day, I am a beacon of hope and empowerment for the people around me!
Follow your bliss. Experience your bliss. Become your bliss.
Follow me on Twitter
Ray is the Founder of The Affirmation Spot and co-founder of 6 Sense Media. He’s been writing, recording, and using affirmations for 30 years. He's also the author of Anunnaki Awakening. He advocates for the potential of the human race. He's life-long history buff and holds a B.S. in History Education.