Quotes for Dealing with the Past
Living in the past is something we all catch ourselves doing sometimes. Like potato chips, we know it's not good for us. Sometimes regrets have you stuck. Sometimes you just just wish things had turned out differently. Letting go of these feelings and these thoughts can be challenging, but you have it completely within your power to do so.
The problem is you're creating more regrets in the here and now and holding your future hostage. This moment and the future may hold possibilities far better than the ones you left behind. You'll never know unless you return to the present and focus on what's ahead.
Here are 10 quotes to help you release the past.
- Be here now. ~ Ram Dass
- If people refuse to look at you in a new light and they can only see you for what you were, only see you for the mistakes you’ve made, if they don’t realize that you are not your mistakes, then they have to go. ~Steve Maraboli
- Bless your past and then set it free. ~Ray Davis
- Hanging on to resentment is letting someone you despise live rent-free in your head. ~Ann Landers
- Never look back unless you are planning to go that way.” ~Henry David Thoreau
- Right actions in the future are the best apologies for bad actions in the past. ~Tryon Edwards
- When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need. ~Tao Te Ching
- Only by acceptance of the past can you alter it. ~T.S. Eliot
- There is no future for you in the past. The way forward is forward. ~Ray Davis
- You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better. ~Maya Angelou
- Forgiveness says you are given another chance to make a new beginning. ~Desmond Tutu
- In the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself. ~Deepak Chopra
- Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future. ~Daphne Rose Kinga
- The first chapter of a book never decides the last chapter. Why would you think your life is any different? ~Ray Davis
- Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life. ~JK Rowling
Believe me, I've experienced the angst and the suffering the past can cause a person. Every single time, without exception, things got better when I again turned by eyes forward.
Ray Davis is the Founder of The Affirmation Spot and co-founder of 6 Sense Media. He’s been writing, recording, and using affirmations for 30 years. He's also the author of Anunnaki Awakening. He advocates for the potential of the human race. He's life-long history buff and holds a B.S. in History Education.